New Book: Bring The Outdoors In


Reading the latest news from the Trend Tablet, I found out that New York-based stylist Shane Powers is releasing his first book, ‘Bring The Outdoors In’ (Chronicle, 2013). 

Those of you who've been to my interior design classes, know how much I stress (to the point of.... irritation?) the importance bringing the outdoors in - of blurring the borders between inside and out - as much as possible. Especially when you stage a home for sale. 

Now there is a book packed with ideas on how you can do this. A must have. Just look at these photos by Gentl & Hyers



Powers says here: I didn’t start working on botanicals until I got a job as a photo stylist for the groundbreaking publication Bloom. The founder, Lidewij Edelkoort, encouraged me to think beyond traditional uses, and focus on plants and flowers as more dynamic elements. I began to look at their shapes, colors, and textures with a new perspective… 

While trends in flowers and gardening may come and go, the ideas in this book have a timeless appeal to be enjoyed and referenced for years to come. The projects are not gardening projects; they are three-dimensional still lifes, miniature worlds designed to enhance your interiors



WABI SABI interior design art photography
Pin It