New Book: Rethink the way you live

I do love the title of this book - Rethink the way you live. It was published last year, and is written by Amanda Talbot, former associate editor for ELLE Decoration and Living etc. Photos by Mikkel Vang. Looks like an interesting read, doesn't it? Have you read it yet? What do you think? 
From an interview with Amanda Talbot at the Daily Imprint
How did you arrive at the concept for the book? 
In 2009, my life changed. I left my job on a high-profile interiors magazine with no plans what to do next. I had fallen out of love with shelter magazines. I could no longer connect with the content because they didn't relate to the way I lived. I didn't have any friends with a glossy home filled with expensive furniture. My home was filled with IKEA, Habitat, flea market finds, press gifts and handmade bits and bobs. Another factor also came into play: the global economy crashed, friends lost their jobs and I was feeling scared and overloaded. I began spending hours online reading blogs and looking at Flickr, discovering how people of all ages from all corners of the world were living inside their homes. What I saw was that 'home' was very different from the conventional ideas we have of what a home is. I became fascinated how strangers used their beds and bedrooms, how people sat in a chair, how teenagers were photographing their personal spaces. Before I knew it, I was documenting living trends that were happening across the globe. 

Another interview at the Design Files 
WABI SABI interior design art photography
Pin It