Building with respect to nature


Penny Hay Architects have a way of blending landscapes and buildings in their projects, no matter where. The result is stunning. Elegant. Relaxed.  Above, two images of a storm cottage in the Great Barrier.  Below -  three pics from the Brancott Heritage Estate, Blenheim 



And finally, two images from an island retreat, Waiheke. I could move into any of these three houses, wouldn't you? 

All images from the Penny Hay Interior Architect website. More images from Penny Hay's interiors here
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, that first image is STUNNING. I've been working on a series of paintings that could have been inspired by it. The buildings are lovely also, I especially like the one in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to see those paintings online, once they are finished.

      Delete
  2. You can see a few of them at this post on my blog: http://ravenwoodforest.blogspot.com/2011/10/into-mystery.html

    And one that MOST reminds me of the image above is here: http://ravenwoodforest.blogspot.com/2011/02/moveable-feast-in-forest.html

    When I get back into the studio (when the setting up of the new studio is complete) I want to continue with this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photos. You are right...relaxed elegance. It's as if there's no separation between the interior and exterior spaces. This isn't seen often in my western culture. It's wonderful for me to see. Thank you for sharing these photos.- Diana

    ReplyDelete