Enter here - exit there


Again, a few images of what interest me a lot: 
the borders between outside and inside. 
This time doors/entrances. 
I'm trying to pick a favorite, but cant! 
They are all awesome! 

Can you pick one? 


In her comment below, Eva Thury made me aware of the term Liminality
and wanting know more, I found this information at Wikipedia

In anthropology, liminality 
(from the Latin word līmen, meaning "a threshold"[1]) 
is the quality of ambiguity or disorientation 
that occurs in the middle stage of rituals, 
when participants no longer hold their pre-ritual status 
but have not yet begun the transition to the status they will hold 
when the ritual is complete. 

During a ritual's liminal stage, participants "stand at the threshold" 
between their previous way of structuring their identity, time, or community, 
and a new way, which the ritual establishes.



Click on images to go to the source. 
WABI SABI Lisbeth Williams @ Williams Design
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I can't pick a favorite door either, but I wanted to tell you I share your special feeling of being at a doorway, in and the potential of out, out and the potential of in. It took me years to learn that there is a name for this feeling, and it is liminality. Scholars study it and artists capture it in photographs like the wonderful ones you posted. Thanks for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eva! I've added some info from Wikipedia, and linked your name. Thanks again. /Lisbeth

      Delete
  2. oh for me it's that beautiful travertine one with the cut out detail and bronze detailing, surely it must be scarpa? what a fabulous post, and i'm so glad to have discovered this word, liminality. there is something about the promise and potential of a threshold and a door opening... thanks for sharing it. jane

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.